“But just as you excel in everything… see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” – 2 Corinthians 8:7close2 Corinthians 8:7 7 But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also. (ESV) close2 Corinthians 8:7close2 Corinthians 8:7 7 But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also. (ESV) 7 But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also. (ESV)
*If you are having any problems or need assistance with online giving, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GRACE STREET CHURCH is supported entirely by the generous giving of our regular attenders and members. Thank you for your faithfulness and support. Everything we do is a direct result of your generosity. Outside of our weekend gathering, there are multiple ways for you to give. Each method allows for God’s work to be done as you are faithful to his calling to give back.
1. ONLINE GIVING – It’s safe, simple and secure: you can do a one time gift or set up a PayPal account which only takes a few minutes. This option also allows you to view your giving history and setup a recurring gift on a custom schedule. There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are:
• Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9closeProverbs 3:9
9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce; (ESV) closeProverbs 3:9closeProverbs 3:9 9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce; (ESV) 9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce; (ESV) ). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
• Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
• Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
• Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
• Helping Grace Street – Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
2. AUTOMATED BANK DEBIT – This is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. If you already pay your bills online through your bank you can easily set up your giving to the church as well. Once it is set up, you may update or change your giving at any time through your bank. Plus, 100% of your gift goes to the ministries of Grace Street because there are no processing fees.
3. MAIL IN THE ENVELOPE – Giving envelopes are handed out every Sunday. Many who find this method convenient, keep a supply of envelopes at home to make it easy. Email email@example.com to request additional giving envelopes. You can mail a check payable to Grace Street Church at: PO Box 381626 Cambridge MA 02239.
A Note About Credit Cards
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.